Friday, January 14, 2011

A living Nightmare Part 2

Recap: Ok So there was this big mess, and I tried to make these kids that I was babysitting help, but they tricked me. And I left you hanging in that I had felt something splat on my head.

    I turned around to get some towels, and start cleaning up, when I felt something splat right on my head... Now I know you might think it was an egg, but I'll just have to tell you it wasn't. It was a splattered, organically grown, quite large egg. From a chicken, not an ostrich. I felt that splattered, organically grown, quite large egg go all over my head. I REALLY wanted to get mad. But I closed my eyes..... and sang my ABC's. I turned around to the children, still singing my ABC's, and stared at them. I gave them what felt like a happy laughy grin... But I know it prolly wasn't that, because the kids looked a little scared. But I didn't care. 


    I bent down to a conveniently placed non-splattered, organically grown, quite large egg next to my foot. From a chicken, not an ostrich. Picked it up, and threw. Straight at them. And right in the boy's face. I laughed. They surprised. And I bent down for another egg. They suddenly seemed to get at what was happening. The girl giggled. They had never been given their own medicine before! And it seemed fun. They ran away giggling both of them. I ran with an egg in each hand. So began the fight. We threw everything that was close at hand. And sang our ABC's all the while. 
     
     We had so much fun, I didn't see the time fly past. I looked at the clock while running by. I immediately stopped, shocked. I felt a yogurt cup splatter against my back. But I didn't care. I turned around to the kids, and they started to laugh, but when they saw my face, they stopped too. I swallowed. 
"Your mom's going to be here in less than 30 minutes."
It was the doomed statement of the year. 
They looked at me, and just stood there.  I looked at them and said,
"Well, let's see what we can do."
And then began the frenzied clean-up, singing Old McDonald as fast as we could. The kids were really willing to help, and they were pretty good at cleaning too. I didn't know they had it in them. The kitchen was the worst, so we attacked it first. The kids really helped, helping me know where to put things. It was as if they had done a lot before.

    It was almost 3 minutes till she would get here, and the boy was vacuuming. And I noticed something. What about our clothes? They were a complete mess. Egg in our hair, soaked all the way through clothes with yogurt, and just about everything else piled on top. Then attacked the third frenzied attack, cleaning ourselves up. And singing Mary had A Little Lamb the whole way. And a lot faster. I cleaned up the girl first, got her in a change of clothes, and washed what i could out of her hair. Then the boy changed his clothes, and I washed his hair. We were just in time, but I was a MESS! I looked around, and quickly got my coat on, hoping she wouldn't notice anything. 


     She came in, and there we were. Smiling. She was shocked it looked like, but recovered. The kids kept on talking how fun it was, and she was really surprised. As she took me home, she asked what we did. 
I answered, "Oh, stuff." And left it at that.
She paid me a lot, and I've kept the job since. We don't do full out fights, but we still have a lot of fun. ;)

No comments: