Friday, December 17, 2010

A living Nightmare! Part 1

Caution: Even though these events are real, the names have been changed for your identity's sake.

Friday, 2010: It was a Tuesday, and I was eating day-old popcorn when I remembered: I was babysitting in the morning! A wave of uncertainty swept over me. My first babysitting job, I thought. I hope nothing goes wrong!  But little did I know, I was to babysit the worst children... In the World!
    It was Wednesday morning. I was getting a little nervous, yet excited because this was my first babysitting job, and it payed the most. I was surprised about how easily the parents agreed to my payment terms, even adding $10! I was ready to go, and the minivan with the mother pulled in. I said a goodbye to my parents, and went out. On the way to their house, the mother told me certain things about her little girl and boy. "When they do something bad, just try to send them to a corner in time-out time for a minute, that is, if you are able to." And, "If they're hungry, you might want to get them some food, as fast as you can." And other things like that. I thought nothing of those strange comments then, but I see why she said those things... now.

 I arrived at the house. The mother just dropped me off and said she'd be back at 12:00 without going inside. I saw why when I went inside, it was total chaos! I arrived in the kitchen first from the garage door and I panned the mess with my eyes. Apparently everything was taken out of the cabinets, and dumped all over the floor. Then everything was taken out of the fridge and freezer, and the counter tops, plus toys and food splashed everywhere. I frantically looked around, looking for the main problem of the mess. Then I saw them, a little girl and a little boy, both on top of the table, holding a blender in their hands, and just about to drop it to the floor below. Grins of satisfaction were upon their smug little messy faces.

    I cried out and immediately started running through the obstacle course to get to them before they dropped the glass blender. I was just about to reach them! ...When I slipped on a yogurt cup and some deli meat and fell flat on my face just when they dropped it. It was too late. Glass was everywhere. And there were the children giggling at their own creation, and at me.

   I stared aghast at this insanity. And I started to get mad. But I had to control it, I had just met them.
"Let's clean up this mess," I said.
They gave an absolute, "No!" and ran off.
I sighed. And walked after them. I knew running after them would make them think it was a game, so I walked as slowly as I could. I caught up to them, and firmly seized their wrists. They seemed a little surprised at my firmness, and obediently followed me.
"Now," I said. "We will clean up this mess until it's finished. Right?"
"Ok." they mumbled.
I turned around to get some towels, and start cleaning up, when I felt something splat right on my head....

Come Back Soon For The Second Part! (gasp)
I know, I know, you're just hangin' by your toes. But I won't take too long, hopefully, and maybe your little toesies will be saved.

No comments: