Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A Friday Night Concert, With Problems...

 Friday was both hectic, yet fun. My cousin came over, for a sort of sleepover with just us two. That's about how far I get to a sleepover party. But, to get her here was the part we needed to figure out. After much deliberation, and thoughts that we might have to cancel our sleepover (much to my chagrin), we finally figured out the only way to get her here. She would have to go to a classical music concert. She lives about 45 min. away from us, so it's sorta hard to get my cousin over. Some of my family and a friend were going to a concert in Indianapolis. They would be able to pick Sarah up, and go to the concert. She agreed, and we had a pretty fun time, with Beautiful violin music. The best player was in the second half, Augustin Hadelich, who has a CD called Flying Solo. You should look him up, he has a VERY amazing story. Before the concert we had some pictures in the Indy downtown circle. These are one of the pictures. And since I haven't uploaded a picture of myself yet, I'm on the very right, looking a little umm... weird... ;)  My cousin (Sarah) is right next to me, and those are my two sisters. Anyways, we had some fun. But the Real "fun" was just to come. We starting to drive home, still in Indianapolis, and our car started to overheat. So my brother drove into the nearest parking lot to put some fluid in, to cool it down. Then, my cousin made the observation that, we were in a Jail parking lot! My brother had to wait for the car to cool down before putting fluid in, so we waited. Then, a group of guys walked out of the jail. My brother, thinking they might be workers, told us to close the doors of the car and stay down to be safe anyways. One of the guys of the group came over to my brother (Garrett) and asked him for a phone. He told him that "he and his buddies just got out" of jail, and he needed to borrow "a phone to call his mom". Garrett just asked him if he couldn't just borrow the restaurants phone across the street, they would let him. But the guy insisted, and Garrett wouldn't let him have his phone. Finally the guy walked off cussing. Garrett finished up, and we finally got out of there. As we were driving away, we saw the guy's buddies in the police office on the phone. We were pretty sure that guy was up to no good. We finally got home at about 1:00 am with problems on the way of the other car with my sister and friend in it having car problems and us have to stop about every 500 ft. to charge their battery. We finally just got home. But even though Sarah and I were exhausted, we still got a few giggles in, and had a Most wonderful time the next day. :)

1 comment:

Alex Mansfield said...

You guys sure have a REALLY intense screening process to become a mere 'friend' ;) haha